Saturday, May 31, 2008

Project list

Just thinking out loud -

I finished spinning the clown face merino and I think (now, subject to change) that I w ill ply it. It'll blend the colors a bit more into a tweedy-no-dominant-color yarn. After that, I'm not sure. Probably a shawl. But that's a later decision.

I started the 2nd Lang Jawoll sock. I stopped the first one at anklet height because I didn't want to do anymore on it. The second sock is just started, I'm beyond the toe and just started the helix knitting. Don't like working on this one either and I still don't know why. I like the colors, the fit, the yarn, but I just don't like it.

I really want to get the Thora sweater (sweater 2 talked about here - very little progress since then) done before the fall. I don't think there's a whole lot left to do, but it's been stuffed in a tote bag since um, well, the last time I worked on it. Maybe I'll do it as a Summer Knitting Olympics project. (apologies to non-Ravelry members, I couldn't find a link outside of Ravelry. It's along the same idea as the Winter Knitting Olympics)

I have a bunch of small UFO projects - the kind of project that if I really work on them (instead of saying "oh yeah, I should finish that") would be done in about 4 hours. Ok, one, or 2, of them might take 10hours. But either way, small. I'd like to finish those up in June. For no reason other than I'm tired of saying "oh yeah, I should finish that"

I have 1oz each (about 300yds each) of 2 different colors of Zephyr lace weight (peacock and jade, I think) They look well together, with both strands held together to make a fingering weight. Not so good as two separate yarns in the same project. I'm thinking of some sort of small scarf or maybe a really lacy longer scarf/stole or ? I got the yarn a few years ago as a sock kit, but the yarn seems too 'soft' for socks.

Possible project schedule -
June -
finish small UFOs (step 1 - find them & make sure I have the instructions etc to actually do them)
finish second Lang Jawoll sock
decide on 12 tawashi patterns for a Craftster swap and start making them

July
finish the tawashi
work on the Thora sweater

August
finish the Thora sweater

and somewhere in there, ply the clown face merino, decide on a pattern for the Zephyr laceweight, and do other as-yet-undetermined things.


Type your summary here

Type rest of the post here


No comments: