Monday, May 26, 2008

Spinning

A while ago I got some merino from Ewe Give Me The Knits in a Spindlers swap in the clown face colorway --
.
I've tried spinning merino and like I've said before, I didn't really like it. This merino, is luscious. I've been spinning the 100gm I have for months (?) on my wheel, the single is about laceweight, probably a fingering weight as a 2-ply. The bright colors in the roving isn't 'me' but I'm spinning it as-is - no drafting, no roving-splitting, just 'as-is'- and the blending of the colors is making a subdued, not quite brown, but not really anything else, color. And this blending of colors, I do like. I did one tiny section from the fold and the colors stayed separated, but otherwise, the entire thing is being spun as-is.

I haven't decided if I'm going to knit it as a single and make a (probably) large shawl or ply it and make a smaller (relatively speaking) shawl. There's time for that, I'm only about 3/4 of the way done spinning.

No comments: