Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just goes to show...

that there's a universal consciousness or something. For the socks I started last week, the ones I mentioned in my last post that I needed to find a simple pattern for? I decide to try a helix-spiral using both ends of the yarn. I like it. It changes the regular-ness of the self-striping yarn and it's basically plain stockinette so definitely simple. The universal consciousness thing? These 2 posts (and some of the comments for them) show (1) a wonderful explaination & pics of the technique and (2) a lot of people are thinking about this right now.

I finished my first amigurumi (Japanese crocheted doll) last night for a Craftster swap. It's cute and all, but not my cup of tea. The needed gauge is much tighter than I like to crochet worsted weight yarn with, and it just felt like I was fighting the yarn the whole time. But it is cute. And I really like the owls here. Maybe I'll do just one more amigurumi...

No comments: