Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sock progress

Let's see if the picture works -


yippee!!

That's a (not great) picture of the Rainbow Socks done in Regia Linien 5279. It's about 4" so far, so just around 1/2 way up the foot. I'm (mostly) following the pattern - except that I started with a 4-way Swirl Toe from the Ethnic Socks and Stockings book by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. The short-row sections I'm following the pattern. Haven't decided yet what heel I'll do.

I'm not doing the wrap&turn from the pattern, I like the Japanese short rows instead. And I haven't decided yet if I'll do the p2k2 rib or something else.

And this -



is the start of a baby blanket for my sister-in-law. That's about 7" from point to point. I figure the red/orange/yellow variegated star with a white border is gender-neutral. I'll probably do a quick baby sweater for the baby shower too (I'm guessing she's having it after the baby's born like she did for the first baby. That'll give me a month or so for a baby sweater.)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I cant wait to learn how to make socks like these! Very awesome!