Saturday, December 08, 2007

Sweater in a month?

NaKniSweMo - NAtional KNIt a SWEater in the MOnth of November - I hadn't read about this before, and I doubt I would've joined if I had because I don't think of sweaters as being a "one-month & done" project.

On the other hand...

I did finish a baby sweater in November, but I don't think that's the size NaKniSweMo had in mind.

I took my (adult size) sweater with me on a long weekend away, and in about 10 days (including the long weekend) I finished 1/2 the back and 1/2 the front. The other halves were finished long before... So, in a week, I did the equivalent of the back (or front) of a sweater. Maybe NaKniSweMo isn't so out-of-reach: Week 1 the back, Week 2 the front, Week 3 the sleeves, Week 4 the finishing details.

Hmmm, maybe I need to start planning for a quiet November 2008 so I can have a new sweater on December 1, 2008

No comments: