Monday, November 12, 2007

It's here!

My spinning wheel arrived! I'd take a picture, but a cardboard shipping box isn't much to look at.

Project inventory -
I'm almost done with the Garter/Honeycomb Stitch baby sweater from the Greeting from the Knit Cafe book. It's easy enough to make, I'm not sure it's going to be one of my favorites, but that's ok. It's cute and that's pretty much all that matters for a baby sweater!

I finished one of the Magknits Rainbow Socks, and for the first time since I started knitting socks, I haven't started the 2nd sock right away. I'm not sure if it qualifies as Second Sock Syndrome quite yet, I'm chalking it up to "delay by baby sweater" since the baby shower for the Garter/Honeycomb stich sweater is about 6 weeks earlier than I expected it to be.

The baby star afghan is done (did I say that before?) it's about 5' across point to point, which is pretty big for a baby blanket, but babies grow so no problem.

I started sewing a tote bag, and that's a little more than half done. I planned to finish it yesterday, but, didn't happen. Maybe later in the week.

My next to-do is updating the project list on the sidebar.

2 comments:

Mary McK- said...

Oh but cardboard boxes are very exciting when there are spinning wheels inside! What kind did you get?!?

I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering a second wheel so it's nice to live vicariously through others.

Lillian said...

LOL! I didn't think of that! It's a Fricke S160 Single Treadle. Pictures Thursday, I hope.