Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Three

1. The Sweater - I *really* want to get this finished. I finished the sleeves and they're too tight AGAIN. Instead of ripping & reknitting (yet) I'm going to finish the body, and then come back to the sleeves. But I've been thinking about why they're tight. The measurements at the top of the sleeve and the bottom are good - a little less ease than I originally planned for, but um, that's the daily ice-cream cone and chocolate and um, yeah, ok. So why so tight? I did leave the sleeves intentionally short since I haven't decided if I'm doing the ribbing in the same yarn or a contrasting yarn. I've got the right number of decreases - I double checked the calculations and

Oh. oops.

I did the calculations based on the sleeve length. But not the ENTIRE sleeve length, I used the intentionally short sleeve measurment. I did decreases from upper-arm to the wrist measurement with a 3" shorter than true sleeve length. Oh.

So I do need to rip & reknit. Again. After the body's done. I'm tired of sleeves.

And I guess I should cut back on the ice-cream cones, and chocolate, and other assorted goodies.


2.
This week's question
It’s cold and raining, your boyfriend/girlfriend has just dumped you, you’ve just been fired, the pile of unpaid bills is sky-high, your beloved pet has recently died, and you think you’re coming down with a cold. All you want to do (other than hiding under the covers) is to curl up with a good book, something warm and comforting that will make you feel better. What do you read?


Hmmm. I might want something new to focus on instead of how lousy I feel. Or I might want something I've read so much I have practically memorized because I feel too lousy to deal with something new. Or something in between - I've read it before, but not so much that's it's entirely familiar.

Specifics?
Something new - whatever I happen to see at the library or book store. OTOH, if I'm feeling lousy and sick and whatever, I'm not going to be AT that library or book store to look for something to read.

The nearly memorized - Something by Earlene Fowler or Donna Andrews maybe. Or Alice Kimberly. Or some fiber related eye candy from Kaffe Fasset or Brandon Mably etc.

The read-before but not familiar - Gone with the Wind, maybe. Or whatever book I just finished reading. Or anything in the bookshelf that I haven't read recently


3. Preemie hats
I finished one using the Mermaid stitch pattern from Lucy Neatby's book. It's cute, but not too stretchy, I like the preemie hats to be stretchy. I've got a crocheted bonnet almost done. I like this pattern, I use it a lot. I want to try to make it with 2 colors, and I think I figured which stitches to do in each color, but I haven't done it in a color combination I like. That's 2 hats done this month, I have one more to do.

2 comments:

Irishcoda said...

Hi, Gone With The Wind was on my list for the BTT question too :)

BookGal said...

I didn't think of the Earlene Fowler books but they would fit right in for me too.