Thursday, August 09, 2007

Coincidences?

So, just when I finish my Gated Vine Socks and I start wondering (not much) what I'll do with the left over yarn - besides tossing them in the stash pile with the other left over sock yarn balls, one knitting group I'm in starts talking about ankle warmers. And I find this ear flap hat hat. A small ball of sock yarn, like say what's left over after a knitting a sock is enough I'm sure to make a 6-7" inch tube, about the right size for ankle warmers. The ear flap pattern, without the crown decreases of course, just happen to use the same stitch count as a sock. And the 'ear flaps' would cover the sides of the ankle quite nicely without bunching up like leg warmers usually do. And winter is coming. Eventually....

Just as I decide to modify my sweater to be more gansey like rather than an all-over Aran-ish cable sweater, a copy of No Sheep For You by Amy Singer becomes available at the library - after being on the wait-list for MONTHS. There's a gansey sweater in there.

And, separately, a knit-DUH moment. I love the look of Bohus Sweaters, the round-yoke just doesn't work for me. For whatever reason, it never occurred to me that a Bohus Sweater could be done with a different yoke style. And today I found two at Solveig Gustafson's website (click Nyheter then scroll down to Green Mist jacket with a vertical Bohus design and Green Meadow with a set-in shoulder (?) straight-across yoke Bohus design. Duh. It's knitting. It doesn't have to go in a circle...

No comments: