Monday, July 23, 2007



This is my version of the 4 Generation Shawl from Spin Off Magazine (in case you couldn't guess that from the picture's title :) I used a commercial yarn - Encore Worsted in the Caribbean color, this is 4 skeins worth. It's a slightly thinner yarn than the handspun one in the magazine. It comes to just below elbow length. I may get one more skein and add a little more, but I'm not sure if it's worth it, since one more skein may just be one or two rows considering how wide the rows are now.

It's funny, when I first read through the magazine, this shawl didn't interest me in the least. But then, nothing in the issue did - I wasn't feeling well that day. I re-read the magazine a few weeks later and when I saw that shawl again it was "YES - That'll be PERFECT for this yarn!!" (that I've had in stash for nearly 3 years... Just goes to show, don't trust your judgment about how good/bad a magazine is when you're feeling lousy. Same for books.

No comments: