Friday, June 08, 2007

Mindless projects

That's what I've needed - mindless stuff. Between dh's health and some work issues, complicated projects just don't appeal right now. Complicated meaning anything that needs a pattern - so the Gated Vines socks, with an 8-stitch, 12-rwo repeat, is on hold. The Thora sweater with an 8 row cable, purl columns, and moss-stitch background, is on hold. Preemie hats are a possibility, but since I've got a bunch already knit up ready to be donated, I don't feel the 'need' to make more right now. As soon as they're out of the house, then I'll make more. Doesn't make sense, maybe, but there it is.

Spinning? I don't have any 'spin as you want to' spinning, and trying to match what I've spun before is more than I want to deal with right now.

So, I'm still sewing up some of these . I think I've got nearly 3 dozen sewn up. Sewing up layers of rectangles is mindless.

I did finish the 4-Generation Shawl from Spin Off's Spring 2007 issue. 4 skeins of Encore Worsted in the Carribbean color (white with blue & purple specks). It's about 20" from neck to almost-waist. Stays on well too. I may make another one, someday, using a lighter weight yarn. Wonderfully easy pattern!

I just found out a friend of mine is expecting a baby early September. That's got my thinking of making a raglan sweater with a flap-front a la Grumperina They're not going to find out the sex of the baby, but they're using a Jungle theme in the nursery so I'm thinking something in a bright green with animal buttons. Small enough to be done fairly quickly and not too complicated.

Just enough, I think, to ease back into the complicated things in life.

Like knitting lace socks and a cabled sweater.

No comments: