Friday, October 06, 2006

KAL updates and assorted ramblings

Just to come track of what's what for which -

25 things for charity I finished the mint & green preemie hat, using a diagonal spiral pattern I found in one of Barbara Walker's treasuries. I started a red scarf a simple double-stitch crochet scarf. The yarn is a no-name odd lot that looks and feels a lot like Lion Brand Homespun. Crocheted on a size L hook, it's not bad to work with. I wouldn't go much smaller though.

Warm Hands I have an idea for yarn - Noro Silk Garden, but haven't decided on a pattern.

Spin, Dye, Knit I have about 2oz of BFL that I dyed at a spin-in a few years ago. I have plans to spin it laceweight and ply it with a silver wensleydale laceweight single. I've already spun the wensleydale, and started the BFL. This was my Tour de Fleece spinning.

I went through my fiber stash - separate from the yarn stash - and decided I have plenty. Not that I had any doubt of that before, but seeing it all and writing it out so I can add it to my pda (I also have my yarn, my spindles, and eventually, my kntting needles and crochet hooks). I have a lot of little baggies - 1oz of this, 1/2 oz of that - not sure what I'll do with those, but combining them will probably be part of the plan. Sometime.

No comments: